Valerian Root (1 oz)
calming | sleep-enhancing | nervine
Do You Occasionally Find it Difficult to Relax or Fall Asleep? If so, this traditional herb may be exactly what you’ve been searching for!
1 oz | 60 servings
How it works
- Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) has a long history of traditional use as a calming, sleep-enhancing plant, from around the 2nd century, to modern day!
- Though studies attempting to understand the effect of Valerian on the body aren’t conclusive, the proposed mechanism of action supports valerian’s calming effect due to its multiple indirect interactions with gamma-aminobutyric acid, or GABA, an amino acid that acts to suppress the nervous system.
- Valerian helps to support the function of GABA by promoting its production, inhibiting its metabolism, and promoting its binding to specific receptors. Overall, these interactions may promote a calmer nervous system.
- With this information, it comes as no surprise that this root is considered a nervine — one of a group of plants that are traditionally known to have a soothing and supporting effect on the mind and nervous system.
- Do you occasionally find it difficult to relax or fall asleep? If so, this traditional herb may be exactly what you’ve been searching for.
How to take
Suggested Use: Shake well before use. Take up to 15 drops (0.5 mL) 1 to 3 times a day, or as recommended by a physician or healthcare professional. Can be taken directly by mouth or added to water.
Please avoid direct dropper contact to the skin or mouth in order to prevent product contamination and damage to the dropper.
Store in a cool, dry place.